Where do your donations go? Well, in a typical year, GRRMF takes in
- a few dozen heartworm positive dogs requiring expensive treatment
- about 50 goldens needing spay/neuter surgery.
- a few with seizure disorders
- about 40 senior goldens, including many who were 10 or older.
- dozens that were not up-to-date with vaccinations
- many ear infections, eye infections and parasites such as hookworms
- dogs that have orthopedic problems requiring surgery at the specialist (translation: VERY expensive)
- full litters of puppies from backyard breeding operations or from being dumped at a shelter
- diabetic dogs
… And the list goes on. As you can see, the majority of goldens who come to GRRMF are not “well cared for.” They come to us with medical conditions from neglect or poor care, with behavioral and emotional issues from the same, as strays, suffering from illness and injury -- and all in need of love and attention, which we are happy to provide.
Your donations help tremendously, and our commitment remains strong - we will help as many goldens as we possibly can go on to live happy and healthy lives. Thank you to all who have donated! GRRMF is a nonprofit, all-volunteer organization. 100% of your donation goes toward the care of goldens like these mentioned above.
Golden Retriever Rescue of Mid-Florida,
Inc. a 501 (c) 3 nonprofit charitable organization dedicated
to providing new beginnings to homeless golden retrievers. We
are an all-volunteer organization that provides temporary shelter
through a dedicated foster-care network, veterinary care and
permanent homes for unwanted, abused or abandoned golden retrievers.
Donations are tax-deductible, and 100% of all donations go toward
caring for goldens in need. If you wish to make a donation, please
send it to the following address:
P.O. Box 1449
Goldenrod, FL 32733
Or, we can accept donations via credit card on the internet
Our ID to make payment to is:
We will send all donors a receipt. Thank you in advance for your
You will receive an acknowledgement of your gift. Many people
like to give gifts in honor of friends or gifts in memory of
a beloved friend or pet. If you would like to make such a gift,
please write us a note and it will be acknowledged in our quarterly
Make the difference in the life of a Golden today - by making a much needed
donation to GRRMF.